Please or Register to create posts and topics.

More Accurate

Something else I saw while going through Acts today was this passage that I think might be one of the saddest things I've found in the book of Acts: "Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was proficient in the Scriptures. This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was accurately speaking and teaching things about Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John; and he began speaking boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained the way of God more accurately to him." – Acts 18:24-26 (emphasis mine)

Apollos was instructed in the way of the Lord, he was fervent in the spirit, and it says he was speaking accurately! And then Paul's disciples, Priscilla and Aquila, took him aside and explained God "more accurately". More accurately?! What does that even mean?

"Listen, we know you are telling people that 2+2=4, which is 100% correct. However, we want to show you how to teach people a more accurate method for doing math so they can see 2+2=5."

For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Poor Apollos.

John Doe has reacted to this post.
John Doe